Tel: 01903 501105   like us on facebook    
telephone us
email us
like us on facebook

Get a free valuation on your home now!

Value My Home

Property Search


Residential Property Sales

Our dedicated team will strive to make the entire moving process as easy as possible and pride themselves on offering exceptional customer service.

With a full range of state of the art marketing tools to assist including, and as well as a host of many other websites your property will be open for viewing internationally. Digital colour professional photography, colour floorplans, accompanied viewings as well as ongoing contact and feedback are all part of the services offered here at Stafford Johnson.

Conveyancing Services

We are able to recommend and connect you to solicitors and conveyancers that will assist you with your move. Please ask us if you would like us to obtain a quotation on your behalf.

Mortgage Services

Finding the right mortgage at the best interest rate and at the lowest fee can be a daunting task! So we have teamed up with Property Financial Management, a leading whole of market mortgage broker based in Worthing. The represent the mortgage market which means they will find you the best mortgage to best suit your needs. As every lender has a different lending policy and criteria, they will save you time and money by liaising with lenders on your behalf and assist with the entire mortgage process.

Surveying Services

Making sure that the home you wish to purchase is structurally sound is essential for many buyers. We are able to assist in recommending and connecting you with local surveyors who will be happy to discuss the services they offer with you.

Energy Performance Certificates

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are needed whenever a property is built, sold or rented.

You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent.

An EPC contains information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs along with recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money.

An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.

We are able to provide this for you whether or not you sell or rent through our agency, please ask us for further information as to our charges.


Selling a property at auction is transparent, cost effective and depending on the property may well be the best way to achieve the maximum price.

Most types of property are suitable for auction depending on a realistic reserve price being agreed, however some types of property are more suitable for auction than others. For instance, a property that is in need of modernisation and refurbishment will be particularly popular as a large number of builders and developers attend auctions and therefore might achieve a better price than sale via private treaty. Auctions are also a good way of selling properties which are difficult to value - by starting at a realistic reserve price the auction process allows bidders to compete with each other based on their own impressions of the property's value and generally results in the property achieving its market price.

We work in conjunction with one of the UK’s leading property and land auctioneers, Clive Emson. Ask us for more information.

Buy to let Specialists

If you are thinking of purchasing a property as an investment with a view to letting it out, we would be delighted to help you and advise as to both the purchase and letting options. In conjunction with our lettings department we can advise as to which types of property and which locations receive the most demand from tenants and also advise as to the achievable rental income.

Land & New Homes

Stafford Johnson specialise in the sale and acquisition of buildings and land that have potential for redevelopment. Our dedicated team undertake all manner of projects and have extensive experience in dealing with the sites ranging from single plots right through to strategic sites suitable for new homes.

Our practise acts for a broad cross section of the market from private individuals through to small, niche developers to regional and national housebuilders.



The Lettings Department of Stafford Johnson is fully committed to providing you with a professional service. We offer levels of service that will reflect our clients' differing needs, ranging from an Introductory Service for the more experienced landlord, to a Rent Collection or Fully Managed Service for complete peace of mind.

We have an experienced team who will assist you and to ensure the smooth running of your tenancy.

Freqently Asked Questions

How can I ensure that I get a good tenant?

All of our tenants are fully referenced in order that we can provide you with a Rental Warranty Insurance. The checks are extremely thorough and involve credit history, previous landlord (if applicable), employment history and proof of identify and address.

What is Rent Warranty Insurance?

We would expect all of our tenants to qualify for Rent Warranty Insurance. We can provide you with information concerning this at our meeting. We have a dedicated Accounts Department who will process and administer any claims relating to the Rent Warranty, Possession of the Property.

What do you do about a deposit?

We ask for a deposit from the tenant and this would be lodged with an approved Deposit scheme.

Who pays the Utility bills and Council Tax?

The tenant is responsible for paying all utility bills and the Council Tax.

Do you inspect the property?

Yes the property is regularly inspected during the occupation of the property by your tenant and we will report in writing to you our findings.


An inventory schedule of condition makes a thorough note of how the property is presented prior to occupation by the tenant. It is very important that this is carried out effectively and in detail, we will also provide you with a copy for your records.


Yes and we will report our findings to you. The property is checked and any repairs or alterations to the original inventory schedule of condition are reported and if necessary rectified by the tenant.

Do I need to insure my property?

If you are renting a house or a bungalow, you will need to maintain your buildings insurance – the tenant is advised to take out contents insurance. If you are renting a flat/apartment, you will need to maintain your management/maintenance charges (which normally include your buildings insurance).

How do I receive my Rental Income?

Your rental income is paid directly into your designated bank/building society account. We will process the monies received from your tenant, deducting our commission accordingly.

Do I have to pay tax?

Non-resident landlords can apply to the Inland Revenue for approval to receive gross income. Without this approval we are obliged to deduct tax. We strongly advise any landlord to appoint an accountant to deal with their tax affairs as many of the costs incurred in renting can be offset against the income.

What Fees Will I Pay?


We pride ourselves on offering a service to our tenants and landlords that is second to none. We aim to secure you a property and offer you a service that ensures a smooth transition whilst the reference process takes place through to your moving-in day and our management of the tenancy. We will deal with your needs from the start of your search through to the management of your tenancy.

We aim to keep you advised of any new properties as and when they become available and we can provide you with information concerning the location, local facilities, schools etc.

Freqently Asked Questions

Why are references required?

References are required in order that we can ascertain your credit worthiness for our landlord. We check information in respect of your credit rating, employment history and confirmation of your salary (if applicable) and a reference from your current landlord (if applicable). The reference process is to ensure that we can ascertain that you will be able to afford the agreed rent and that you have a good record of payment with your current landlord. It is also provides us with a clear picture into your credit rating, ie CCJs or bankruptcy orders that may have a relevance to your suitability as a tenant.


Reservation holding payment is required by agents in order that initially the property can be reserved by the tenant, whilst the reference process takes place. This reservation holding payment is refundable unless the references are not approved or the tenant withdraws from the tenancy.

Why do we require proof of ID and address?

Proof of identity is required in respect of the Money Laundering Regulations and to support our reference process.

Each applicant will be required to provide:

Valid passport or photographic valid driving licence Utility bill/credit card/mobile phone statement dated within the last three months

Do I have to pay a deposit?

Yes - A refundable tenancy deposit (capped at no more than five weeks' rent where the total annual rent is below £50,000, or six weeks' rent where the total annual rent is £50,000 or above)

Are you a member of a Government recognised body to lodge my deposit?

Yes - we will lodge your deposit with the Deposit Protection Service. A landlord can choose to lodge the deposit himself with one of the recognised bodies, but must provide us with the relevant information to prove this.

Is my deposit refundable?

Your deposit is valid for the duration of your occupancy of the property. An initial Statement of Condition will be carried out, in most cases, prior to your occupation of the property. This document will then be used to assist us on your Outgoing Inspection. If there are no damages or concerns, your deposit will be refunded to you.

When can I pick up the keys to my new property?

As soon as your references are complete, we will notify you of the moving in date and when you can collect the keys.


You must make payment as cleared funds '7' days prior to moving in date. This must be transferred direct from your account to our bank account.

What am I responsible for?

A tenant is responsible for all utility bills and the Council tax at the property. You must register with the relevant utility companies and take meter readings.


We will carry out inspections throughout the duration of your occupation and we will write to you to formally to arrange a suitable time and date.


Both tenant and landlord are committing to the term of the tenancy agreement. A tenant must provide one month's notice on or before a rent due date and a landlord must provide two month's notice to terminate on or before a rent due date - ie on a normal six month tenancy agreement notice by the tenant cannot be given until month five, ie completing the agreed term of six months.

Property Portals